We are thrilled to announced the release of Child Ballads: The Final Six, a new album from The London Experimental Ensemble with Richard Thompson, Wesley Stace, Sivert Hoyem, Marissa Nadler and Gina Fergione.
The Child Ballads are 305 three to five hundred year old songs (originally broadsides) of the British Isles which have become synonymous with modern folk music since the 1950’s. However, the final six ballads (#’s 299-305) were never put to music. Until now.
The 2xLP is available now
Assembled here are Richard Thompson (Fairport Convention, Richard and Linda, et al), Sivert Høyem (multi-platinum Norwegian music giant), John Wesley Harding (British folk icon and novelist), Ed Pettersen (Award-winning singer-songwriter and producer), mezzo-soprano Gina Fergione and Marissa Nadler (Indie-rock high-priestess) weaving beguiling original melodies to these classic tales of love lost, magic, myth, fiefdoms and turf wars back by the London Experimental Ensemble live in the studio.
Child Ballads: The Final Six Track List:
1. Child Ballad 300 (Blanchflour and Jellyflorice) (14:03)
2. Child Ballad 301 (The Queen of Scotland) (07:55)
3. Child Ballad 302 (Young Bearwell) (06:24)
4. Child Ballad 303 (The Holy Nunnery) (12:38)
5. Child Ballad 304 (Young Ronald) (15:57)
6. Child Ballad 305 (The Outlaw Murray) (15:00)